Monday, August 28, 2006

Walking in Purpose

“I am only conceited when my confidence meets people’s insecurities."


I was asked recently, “why are you so confident when you are on stage.” I replied, “Because I am in my element. I am doing what God has created me to do, which is to be before people.” The funny thing about it is, I have known for a long time I was meant to be before the masses. I was the little kid that would capture the church audience attention reciting my speeches. It is not by accident my mother and father named me Robert, which means shining with fame. I have always had the gift of influence. So when asked the question, how can I be so confident? I say, no one can do what I do like I do it. When I mime, K&K cannot do it like God gave it to me. When I step, Greeks cannot step like me, when I play instruments, Miles Davis cannot play it like me (maybe better but not I play it). For God gave me a unique way of doing things. I am a lousy someone else but I am the best Robert Lee Wagner in the world.

So I encourage you, do not compare yourself to others. Don’t look at yourself and say I cant sing like Yolanda, play like Kirk, write like Fred, etc. Be who God created you to be. Stop robbing our generation of the wealth that God has placed inside of you. Use it or lose it. When I say lose it, I am not speaking of lost in a sense of its gone (remember Romans 11:29 says, the gifts and callings of God are irrevocable), but in a sense you are allowing your gifts and talents to become ineffective. God told Moses to go and tell Pharoah to let His people go. Moses started complaining, I am not an orator like T.D. Jakes, (lol ok no he didn’t say that, but he did say I cannot speak well). God said what’s in your hands. Moses said a staff, thus God said use it. A staff/rod was a shepherd’s life. In essence, God said use your life. Use all I have given you. God has shaped you in such a way to fulfill His purposes. Walk in victory people and remember potential is what you can do that you haven’t done yet. It is untapped resources. It is unused abilities. It is WEALTH!

By: Robert L. Wagner
© 2006 P.H.A.T.B.O.Y. Music & Publishing

No comments: